Driftless Area Magazine’s BASIC event listings are free of charge.
All listings are at the sole discretion of Driftless Area Magazine. Submitting a listing does not guarantee inclusion, and events may be withdrawn at our discretion.
Driftless Area Magazine’s Event Postings are designed to list activities and events which are of interest to a wide audience primarily from
This is interpreted to mean that an event should be of interest to a cross section of individuals, and is likely to attract a reasonably large group of participants.
Driftless Area Magazine Events do not list regularly scheduled religious or business events, yard sales, or events too far outside the Driftless Region (50 miles or more). We also do not list recurring events that do not meaningfully change from week to week (i.e. karaoke, dance classes, etc.) unless they are cultural events or benefit the general community as a whole. An event, generally speaking, is open to the public.
Driftless Area Magazine Events reserves the right to edit submissions for grammar, style, accuracy, and content.
The types of events that would be suitable for Driftless Area Magazine Events Calendar include:
- Major fund-raising events for non-profit organizations (Dinner Dances, Banquets, Carnivals, etc.)
- Significant Entertainment Events (Community Arts Concerts, Theatrical Productions, etc.)
- Significant Activities (Arts Festivals, etc.)
- Large Community Events important to scheduling
Events or activities that our audience has deemed important (Farmers Markets, etc)
The types of events that would not be suitable might include the following:
- Yard and Garage Sales
- Weekly Bingo Sessions
- Recurring events that do not meaningfully change (Weekly Food Specials / Weekly Drink Specials)
- Specials, Karaoke, Open Mike Night, Dance Classes, Fitness Classes, etc.)
- Small group activities (pizza sales, car washes, etc.)
- Support groups or meetings
- Events which would likely attract only those who are deeply involved with the organization; (monthly meetings, etc.)
- Political Gatherings
- Advertising Centric (Specials, Sales, etc.)
Please contact us if you would like more information regarding our editorial or advertising programs.